Monday, March 8, 2010

Día Internacional de la Mujer

When one of the teachers walked into class today a girl said, "felicidades!" so I thought that probably meant it was her birthday. However I was wrong, as I have been so many times in the past 5 months, today is " El Día Internacional de la Mujer Trabajadora," felicidades a mi! A fellow teacher told me that the holiday originated in the United States, but I am pretty sure we don't celebrate it... Maybe I've never heard of it because I went to an all girl school and pretty much every day was "el día internacional de la mujer trabajadora." Either way, I can't object to a Spanish holiday ( which is every other day of the week) because of course someone brought in a wonderful homemade nut/lemon/cinnamon cake and even though I am on a mean work out routine I decided to aprovechar and probar. No shots this time though... I wonder what we'll be celebrating tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment