Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pen Pals

As part of the bilingual program in my school, the fourth grade has "pen-pals" in an elementary school in England. So far they have written one letter back and forth to each other in English introducing themselves. Most of the letters looked the same. Here is a typical example of one of the British letters:

Hello Maria,

My name is Charlotte. I am from England. I have one sister and two annoying brothers. I love pets. I play cricket at school. I have six fish, 2 cows and 5 chickens.

Are you a boy or a girl? Do you have any brothers or sisters? Do you like sport?

Anyway the letters were all so cute, and now they are working on a Christmas card in both English and Spanish to send to their pen pals. After Christmas our school will send a letter in Spanish to the British pen pals. It's such a fun way to learn another language and hopefully they can eventually visit each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment