Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inspirational Quote #1

As I have said before, I have always found comfort and peace of mind in writing. Keeping a diary has always been very necessary and therapeutic for me (hence this blog). Reading, a more common relaxation tool, is also something that has helped me to open my mind and expand my knowledge. Currently I am reading and loving the novel An American Tragedy by Theodore Dresier. I am never reading just one work at a time. Autobiographies, short stories, newspaper articles and even blogs are on my daily reading list.

Although normally not longer than a sentence or two, reading certain quotations can be extremely thought provoking and inspirational. Many times when I am really feeling the distance from home and jaded from travel I turn to specific quotes and phrases for encouragement and motivation. Yes sometimes quotes are super cheesy, lame and downright pathetic, especially from the girl who posts, "I cried today... not because I miss you...or even wanted you...but because I realized I'm gonna be ok without you..." on her facebook wall obviously leading on to the fact that she was dumped by her boyfriend, but isn't ashamed (since she is publicly announcing it on facebook) and is indeed getting over him...but other times a short phrase just really hits the spot. Due to this, I have decided to share a travel inspired "inspirational quote" every week. Hopefully they do not fall into the "cheesy, lame and downright pathetic" category.

#1: "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" - St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment