Friday, January 22, 2010

Je parle un peu francais

New Years resolutions are off to a good start so far. Rosetta Stone, the book "Say it right in French," and my French roomie, are all helping me to comprends un peu francais.

Rosetta Stone is definitely all its cracked out to be. The level 1 CD I have has 8 units. Each unit has 11 themes and within each theme you can select either listening and reading, reading, listening, speaking or writing. The book has really helpful phrases with a guide to the pronunciation of each word and phrase. It is geared towards tourists and has contents such as "hotel survival," "shopping," and "health." However, clearly nothing compares to being able to speak with a native. While my roomie sometimes chuckles while I am saying "un garcon et un chien" out loud in a thick american accent, he has been helping me with pronunciation and everyday lingo.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment