Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The rain in Spain

I have seen all different kinds of rain before: fat rain, horizontal rain, monsoon rain, sheets of rain, drizzly rain, and misty rain... but the rain in Spain, or the rain in Málaga I should say, is unlike any other rain I have seen. Today it was very cloudy all day and looked like it was about to pour any second. It did in fact rain later in the day when I was conveniently walking 40 minutes to my client's house. The reason why the rain is so unique to me is that it is very...subtle. When it was raining I could barely see the drops and when I put up my umbrella I couldn't even hear it hitting the umbrella. And even though it didn't seem to be raining hard enough to create puddles there were in fact small ponds all over the streets. I assumed my body wouldn't get that wet because the rain was so light and unobtrusive and seemed to only be coming down in a vertical fashion... but when I got home I realized my whole body was moist. So I'm not too sure about the famous lyric from My Fair Lady, "the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain..." all I know is this rain is a big PAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment