Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Camino de Santiago

For all my fellow Catholics who have not been to confession in a while, but are really starting to feel like it's time to come to term with their sins, I think I have found an alternative. A work colleague informed me that he might do something called the "Camino de Santiago" for Semana Santa in March. The "Camino de Santiago" is an old pilgrimage that ends in the north of Spain. There are many different routes that can be taken to the final destination, over the span of different time periods. Some people choose to walk for over 30 days on this pilgrimage while others elect to bike for a week. While the walk for many people is a spiritual or religious journey, it does not have to be. Old, young, rich, poor, religious and atheist people alike decide to go on this excursion. I am not sure if I will have time to become a pilgrim, but it is definitely a more appealing option than a conversation starting with, "forgive me father for I have sinned, it has been 8 years since my last confession..." in Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment