Friday, February 26, 2010

Cryinair

In 22 years I managed to avoid flying Ryanair until last week. Booking a flight with them from Oporto to Madrid was pretty unresistable since it was $12 one way, but the emotional damage I went through upon checking my bag was quite costly.
Here is what happened:

Your checked bag can only weigh 15kilos.
Mine weighed 22kilos.
You have to pay 20euro for every kilo over your bag is.
140euro down the drain..
OR take out 7 kilos of clothing.

After 20minutes of rearranging and dressing myself and my three friends in my clothes I finally made it down to 15.8kilos and didn't have to pay anything extra. PFEW. I did however suffer serious emotional damage because I had to walk through the airport looking like a giant stuffed penguin on stilts: one tank top, three sweaters, one rain jacket, one coat, tights, jeans, heels. Travel light if you're flying with Ryanair otherwise you will definitely be cryin-in-the-air.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, sorry but all airlines announce their 'luggage' policy before you confirm your flight. Did you not read it or maybe understand it?
    What did you expect for your $12 - champagne and caviar served to you by the Pilot???

    ReplyDelete