Friday, February 26, 2010

Airport attire

People watching in the airport is pretty fun. In the US it's always funny, yet disturbing to see how many juicy velour sweatsuits you can spot while waiting for your flight to take off. Naturally you want to be comfortable if you're going to be sitting on a place for 4+hours, but come on people, there are plenty of better alternatives.

Europe I would say has the opposite problem. At the airport everyone is DECKED OUT. I'm talking, heels, fur, leather, red lipstick, the whole nine yards. When we landed in Lisbon around noon I spotted a woman who looked like she was about to walk down the red carpet, not to baggage claim. She was wearing designer skinny jeans and Christian Louboutins. While she was definitely overdressed, it's quite obvious the Europeans know how to look good no matter what their destination is.

Ironically I ended up wearing a similar outfit on the way home because I had to wear at least half of the clothes I brought on the trip, including my heaviest, highest heels so that my bag wasn't overweight. All I can say is that it's a better look than the juicy velour sweatsuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment