Monday, February 15, 2010

When it rains, it pours

My biggest regret in life right now is deciding not to bring my rain boots to Spain. Madre mia, it seems like it has rained every day here for the past month for at least part of the day. Last Monday I wore my brown leather boots and by the time I arrived at school in the morning they were completely soaked, as well as my socks and feet. It was quite the spectacle and all the teachers were trying to help me dry them and find me new shoes.

I awoke this morning to doors slamming in my apartment from the violent wind outside. I put on my tights with flat shoes (the only shoes I have here that dont retain water), coat and prepared my umbrella for some action. There was so much wind outside within 3 minutes my umbrella, which was a birthday present from Emily in August, and is very well travelled most recently to Cadiz for Carnaval, was unaccostomed to this turbulent wind and flipped inside out. So before my day started I was sin paraguas. Joder. "La costa del sol"? I beg to differ.

No comments:

Post a Comment