Tuesday, February 2, 2010

School of Rock?

Last week when I was teaching the 5th level about Martin Luther King Jr., I gave them a vocabulary worksheet that they first put in alphabetical order and then looked up the terms in the dictionary. One of the words was "Alabama" and the students could not stop saying it. They loved the sound, I think in part because they know the name "Obama" and it sounded like that. So I asked them if they had ever heard of the song and movie "Sweet Home Alabama." No one had heard of it and since the internet in the classroom was not working I put on my "thinking cap" and used my blackberry to play the song on youtube. They loved it! I told them they had to think of a name for our band and that we could sing the song the next class. They still have not come up with a name for our band, but I printed out the lyrics and we all sang along to the live version on youtube today. Maybe our name should be: School of rock? or Colegio de rock?

No comments:

Post a Comment