Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Gripe A"

Also known as Swine Flu, "Gripe A" is my arch nemesis. I have inquired many times about getting a flu shot here, but no one here is concerned about it. I specifically asked the director of our program if we would be able to get a "Gripe A" shot or a regular flu shot since we will be working with little children (walking disease and death), and she said I shouldn't be too worried about it....okay... So what I have learned here this past week more than anything is that you must be willing to improvise, go with the flow and at times suck it up. It is the process of adapting to a foreign culture and realizing that things are simply done differently than in America. My Purrell is definitely a preventive measure I am taking to avoid all sorts of disease as well as my daily Vitamin C, multivitamin and glass of water mixed with Emergen-C. I have also been I have also been getting plenty of rest. This picture is an advertisement I saw on a bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment