Sunday, September 13, 2009

One Week Left

With one week left before I leave for Spain I have been trying to distract myself from thinking about the drastic change in lifestyle I am about to have/my hiatus from home by embracing what everyone loves about New York: Broadway, fashion and restaurants. I recently took my mother to see the musical Rock Of Ages. It was so much fun. Not only is there a cocktail waitress that races up and down the aisle taking drink orders DURING the show, but there is also amazing rock music that reminded me of belting out 80's music at frats with my friends not so long ago. Although I think my mother was a bit outside of her comfort zone with the crude language and strip club scenes, it made for an entertaining and fun night out. So if you often find yourself saying, "I wanna rock" go see this!

I also treated myself and my boyfriend to Jersey Boys. I have always heard so many great things about this show and was even fortunate enough to watch the main character, who plays Frankie Valli, perform at a friend’s birthday party. The music was so fabulous I came home and went straight to my i-tunes to download “Beggin” and “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You.”

This past weekend I went to a friend’s fashion show. His name is Alexander Berardi and I have known him since high school. It was my first fashion show and hopefully not the last. Alex is so ambitious and I am so proud of everything he has accomplished. I loved so many of the outfits, particulary this floral print sway dress. Check out his line here. I wish him the best of luck in the future!

I also went to a delicious tapas restaurant with my girlfriends. It's called Pipa. I didn't know this but apparently "Pipa" is Spanish slang for "having a good time." A pitcher of sangria, a few tapas and some live music later and I was definitely having a good time. The restaurant is adorable and has dozens of beautiful chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. We sat outside and enjoyed some of the last summer weather. It was a perfect warm up for my trip to Spain and made me long for tortilla de patatas, croquetas, dátiles con bacon, canurillos de jamón y queso, y champiñones al ajillo.

The rest of the week will be devoted to revamping my euro wardrobe (scarfs, boots, leather, layers) and brushing up on my español. I have also started to look at apartments online. ah!!

2 comments:

  1. True about my reaction to Rock of Ages,(not quite the ballet, which is were my live performance interests are now)but I do love Broadway and especially when we go together. I had a good time and I'm glad we went!
    Tapas and cafe life, you will be having so much fun. One thing NY doesn't quite do as well as Spain is leisurely sitting outside at a cafe, relaxing with a simple drink and bite. I can't wait to find a nice table in Malaga or Ronda to watch all the people or just stroll along the cobble streets with you. You are so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't believe it is so close...will miss you...and you will be in my thoughts and heart every day

    ReplyDelete