Sunday, September 6, 2009

Word Association

One of my favorite things to do is brainstorm. I love creating outlines for essays, projects or even my life plan. Recently I wrote down everything I would do and buy if I won the lottery. In an outline I put in every possible step/procedure that will need to be taken. I also love coming up with titles for papers and projects and generally it is always a play on words or alliteration. I usually just make a list of words, kind of like word association, and let my mind travel. I write every word or phrase down and then narrow in on what I think would be a good title. Since I graduated from college in May the most title-giving I have been able to do is to facebook albums or funny people that I meet. For this blog I wanted the title to encompass that I was going to be abroad having a cultural experience and this would be my journal to document and share it. Here is the list of words/phrases I threw around before coming up with “ An Offshore Account”:

understanding differences, living as a foreigner/teacher, observing culture, discovery, journal, data, memoir, confession, review, log, unknown, foreign, foreigner, teacher, diario, the record, the young traveler, the adventurer, living the dream, bridging gaps, the schu that travelled, travelling schu, schu de la playa, outsider, observer, listener, spectator, eyewitness, witness, interpretor, analyst, schuspain, messenger, import, export overseas, offshore, extranjera, vida, viaje, clase, viajera, en tránsito, trabajadora, maestra, palabras, descubrimento, sentamientos, observaciones, conclusiones

"An Offshore Account" tickles my fancy because it clearly explains that this is an account of what I am doing offshore and it also taps into my experience in Private Wealth Management. While there has been recent drama in the news surrounding several banks such as UBS with some questionable offshore activity, I can promise that this offshore account will be 100% legal and ethical (well, almost promise).


1 comment:

  1. I love it...your ideas are so clever and so much fun,can't wait to follow "the traveling shu" around on line and in person!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete