Monday, September 28, 2009

Torre Del Mar First Impression

So we made the trip from Málaga to Torre del Mar (where I will be teaching) this morning. Several of my other friends came with me because they will be teaching in Velez-Málaga which is 10 minutes north of there. We took the 10:05am bus which actually showed up at 10:15am and got in to Torre around 11am. The bus drove along the beach and was very scenic and enjoyable. I was definitely surprised by how many shops and stores they had in the town. My school, C.E.I.P Blas Infante, is one block from the beach and I knew how to find it because I heard tons of screaming children in the playground. There were many "se alquila" (for rent) signs in windows and I definitely contemplated how nice it might be to live there. However, my friends and I were heavily under the impression that it might be hard to find someone under 70yrs old in the near area. It kind of reminded me of what a retirement home would look like if everyone was dumped in a town and put into apartments. So while there is a beautiful beach and many things going on, I just have a feeling that living there will be a little boring... I am still excited to work there and get to know another area in Málaga and if I end up really liking it I can always move there. This picture seemed pretty typical of the daily events. Here an old man watches a dog chase a cat.

1 comment:

  1. If everyone in the town is old, where do all the school children come from?

    ReplyDelete