Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Teatro Cervantes in a different light

Last night "C" took me to Teatro Cervantes to watch her boyfriend play with one of his bands. Obviously I was excited to go see live music again and I dont think I will ever pass up the chance to see a performance at the Teatro Cervantes. They were playing there to benefit an organization that researches schizophrenia. It was really fun and very informal. After his band finished another band went on and the lead singer spoke to the audience in the balcony and encouraged them to come downstairs and fill up the empty seats. No one hesitated. In fact practically everyone except for "C" and I made a b-line for the stairs to get closer seats. I could not believe it. It was a very nice gesture on the artists part, but sadly for the eager audience members, they were turned away by the theater staff and had to come back up to their original spots. There was tons of dancing in the aisle ways and it felt more like a concert in a park than a fancy indoor theater. Very refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment