Friday, November 20, 2009

This is creepy...

This past Wednesday I accompanied the students on a field trip to the Teatro del Carmen in Vélez-Málaga. Vélez-Málaga is a 5-10 minute bus ride away from Torre del Mar and where Clay and Emily work. We saw a concert with the students which included music from Indiana Jones and several Disney movies. After the concert, a teacher said she would give me a little tour of Vélez. We walked to the school that she attends at night (Clay is her teacher) and to a few churches nearby. On our walk I saw this statue pictured at the left. I was extremely freaked out to say the least. The teacher explained to me that while yes this is in fact identical to what the "KKK" wears in the US, in Spain these are the processional costumes worn during Semana Santa. Whatever, it's creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment