Thursday, October 1, 2009

C.E.I.P Blas Infante

Today was my first day of work. C.E.I.P stands for Colegio de Educación Infantil y Primaria. I got to work early so I walked down to the beach to watch the sun rise over the Mediteranean. It was gorgeous. I met Jenny, the other girl working in the school as an "auxiliar de conversación" (that is our official title in the school). She is from Britain choosing to do her year abroad teaching. We did not do much the first day besides walk around the school and get introduced to everyone. There were lots of kisses and hugs and I felt very welcomed. The kids are very cute and I found out I will be working with students ages 6-12. I will have a period with each grade. Each grade is divided into "A" and "B" and I will be working with "A." Each year is given a number for example, the 6yr olds = 1; the 7yr olds= 2; the 8yr olds= 3 etc. We were not able to finalize the schedule because there was a bit of a dispute over whose classroom we would be helping out in so I will know by Monday when and what classes I am teaching. I am really excited to get to know the students and watch their progress over the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment