Sunday, October 25, 2009

White Pants

Memorial Day Weekend is by far one of my favorite weekends of the year for many reasons.
a. I generally celebrate it with Alice and her family in Shelter Island
b. It marks the beginning of the summer
c. It marks the beginning of when I can wear white pants.

We are all familiar with the rule: don't wear white after labor day (or before memorial day). I am not sure where this rule came from but I can only assume that it is to ensure that people only wear summer fashions during the summer months (I can see how wearing white open-toed shoes in January might be unwise). My new favorite thing about Spain is the ability to wear white pants all year round. Due to the lack of these holidays along with the amazing weather this rule does not exist in Spain. Above I am sporting my white pants in the end of October (total fashion faux pas in the US).

1 comment: