Tuesday, October 6, 2009

'Tis the season...or not


Everything in Spain is seasonal. Towns, stores, clothing and fans. This is something that I respect, because the Spanish do not waste anything and are very practical, but it is extremely inconvenient and basically defies what most people love about America. Convenience. For example, although it is October and technically we are in the season known as "fall or autumn" it is extremely hot here and therefore my room is stuffy. I went to over 5 stores this week looking for a small fan to put in my room. Nada. They all told me summer was over and they were no longer selling fans. Really? Any department store/electronic store/drug store in America is most definitely selling fans and I am pretty sure it is a lot colder there than it is here. However today I popped into a chino store in Torre del Mar and found a fan! SO satisfying. It is the perfect size, but it makes a humming noise when I turn it on. I also have to put it on top of a towel or fabric because otherwise it moves along my tile floor making an even louder sound. It will just be another song on my life soundtrack. Are you high maintenance? Not if you live in Spain.

1 comment: