Monday, May 10, 2010

EU Rescue

I´ve spoken to many Spaniards recently about how they think Spain´s economic problem can be solved so that they won´t face the same bailout situation as Greece. My friends say that there are groups of families here and more specifically, politicians, that have too much money and power. Therefore, there is too great of a descrepancy between the common people and families of Spain and this upper class. Spaniards hope that the politicans will start to, or be forced to make economic decisions that will benefit the entire country instead of their elite crew. My friends believe that time will solve everything, that better days are coming, but that unfortunately their generation will not be able to enjoy it. On a sidenote, I´m selfishly pretty bummed the $ has gotten stronger since I get paid in € and will be coming home with a fresh paycheck...
Here are some recent articles on the EU bailout:

NY Times
Ny Times
CNN
BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment