Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Las pesadillas han empezado...

I´m already having nightmares about my return to New York. Great. It´s not unusual for me to have them before I go through a big transition period, but I still have two weeks left here why do they have to start now?! Sometimes they aren´t exactly nightmares, but just the weirdest most jumbled thoughts of ALL TIME.

In the most recent "nightmare," I was invited to a Christmas party by a middle school friend in Morocco. Before this I was going for a run in Sag Harbor and bumped into a friend from Spain and stopped running to talk to her about life. I arrived early to the party because my mom had to drop me off in our car. I thought the party was going to be for him and his parents but the "kids" party was separate. I volunteered to help him set up, which I thought was considerate but not something he would agree to, I still needed to get ready, but he said yes and handed me a huge piece of blue paper to cover the interior of the garage. I pretended to walk towards the garage, but went into the bathroom to do my makeup. Then our whole group of friends arrived. The group consisted of many middle/high school friends and a ton of people I have met in Spain. One of my best guy friends showed up with his girlfriend, but I ended up sitting on his lap and making out with him the whole time. Girlfriend was MIA. I was drunk and uncomfortable and ended the night at my Grandma´s house. Analyze THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment