Monday, May 24, 2010

Las Chinas

Somehow, I haven't really talked about "las chinas." "Las chinas" would be referring to the two Chinese girls that have been living in my flat for the past 2 months. I would say their names but the fact is my other roommates and I don't know them because they only introduced themselves once and we couldn't decipher anything, so they are "las chinas." They share a room (the big one the gay Italian guy used to live in) and never talk to the rest of us besides an occasional "hola." They never change out of their pajamas, or leave the flat besides to go to school.

When they first arrived they put a portable hot plate/stove in the kitchen. Why they didn't want to use the stove we already have I'm not sure. About a month ago I came into the kitchen and they hadn't cleaned up after themselves. There were raw vegetables and meat on the counter as well as tons of dirty plates. Sometimes I don't have a chance to wash my dishes so I leave them in the sink to do the next day, but leaving out RAW FOOD is a BIG NO NO in this piso. I knocked on their door and there was a long pause and then I came in and told them that if they don't clean up after themselves "las cucarachas van a venir." Their guy friend (who is also always in their room) followed me back to the kitchen and cleaned up their mess. The next day I woke up and there were maybe 9 full garbage bags on the kitchen floor... TAKE IT OUTSIDE!

Anyway I feel like Mr. G from Summer Heights High because after this event I started putting up signs all over the kitchen like, "POR FAVOR TIRA LA BASURA" to remind them to clean up after themselves. As Mr. G says, "We have to work together, but I'm not going to live in your filth." After this sign went up they no longer even cook in the kitchen. They moved the hot plate into their room and cook in there! EW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment