Wednesday, May 5, 2010

You can´t change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future

This year has gone by incredibly fast and I have made a point to try to live in the present and fully appreciate this amazing opportunity... but with less than one month left before I leave Spain and go back to the "real world" as some people say, it´s hard not to think about the past months I´ve spent here and the future months ahead.

Looking back I am really proud of myself for getting situated in a place that I had never been to before and is not very "me." I am happy I got to go to Morocco, a part of the world I had never seen before, and back to Madrid, the city I can navigate with my eyes closed and is the reason I am here today. I found 10 English-hungry learners to spend hours tutoring every week, and several Spanish friends to practice my subjunctive tense with. I became obsessed with spinning, the activity that from a far always seemed boring, and even further annoyed by Spanish pop music, a genre of sounds that will forever torture my ears.

And looking ahead... well, I don´t want to ruin the present...so all I´ll say is, I´m not too worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment