Wednesday, May 12, 2010

First Holy Communion

May is a very busy month here for both children and adults because this is when all the little niños have their First Holy Communion! The teachers have been telling me how busy their weekends are this month because sometimes they have 3 communions to go to in one weekend. They are all also very concerned with the weather because most of the celebrations take place outside and we´ve been having some morning rain recently. The children are all excited to dress up and have parties.

I remember I made my First Holy Communion at Marymount (before I went to Chapin) in the 2nd grade when I was 7 years old. In Spain, it seems to be more common to make the First Holy Communion in 4th grade. Today in 4th grade English, the head teacher showed me pictures that the children had given to all of the teachers after their First Holy Communion celebrations. Above is a picture of a few of them. It´s funny a lot of the pictures are printed and lamented to be used as bookmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment